Tuesday, December 02, 2008

P1 bug

These days I've been occupied by a P1 bug and, unfortunately, the fix is far from ready.

The XML-RPC library we use has a thread pool with each thread serves incoming request, and the thread will not be ripped back to the pool until the client shuts down the connection. The problem is, when the number of established connection prevails the number of worker threads, the following connection will be blocked.

Since the library uses buffered I/O thus blocking, the first step I need to take is to change it back to non-blocking I/O style -- If a connection has been idle for a while, we might have a chance to shut it down.

My brain now is jammed with confusion and I felt quit dizzy, as many newbies who are trying openssl programming. Just too many stuff!
  1. buffered I/O
  2. chained BIO
  3. blocking I/O
  4. non-blocking I/O
  5. BIO with select()

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home